NCKP 2021: The Piano Conference
July 28-31, 2021
NCKP 2021 celebrates the transformative power of music through diverse experiences in the international field of piano teaching, learning, and performing. We seek proposals that demonstrate effective music learning and teaching, promote innovation, and explore issues facing the 21st-century musician. We invite proposals from educators, researchers, performers, and leaders in the field, and encourage proposals from emerging professionals and students. Proposals will be blind reviewed. Topics can include, but are not limited to:
Approaches to teaching and learning
Collegiate pedagogy teaching
Creative music making
Early childhood education
Independent music teaching
Lifespan music making
Sessions Formats and Lengths:
- Presentation: 25 and 50 minutes
- Interactive Workshop: 25 and 50 minutes
- Panel Presentation: 50 minutes
- Keyboard Lab Interactive Session: 50 minutes
- Lecture Recital: 25 and 50 minutes
- Research Presentation: 25 minutes
- Lightning Talks: 5 minutes
- Poster Session: There will be a separate call for posters in early 2021.
- Exact title of proposed session as it would appear in the program.
- Format and length of proposed session.
- Exact name and short bio (35-50 words) of each and all presenter(s) as they would appear in the program.
- An abstract of session not to exceed 350 words.
- Description of session not to exceed 75 words for the conference program book.
- Digital photo(s) of presenter(s) suitable for program. Color headshot of each presenter preferred; 300dpi.
- For lecture recital proposals, a recording (audio only), preferably of the exact program of the proposal.
- Description of supporting technology required for session.
- Current resume or CV for each presenter.
The deadline to submit proposals is Monday, October 19, 2020, at 11:59PM PST.
Proposal Policies and Procedures:
- Prior to proposal submission, proposers must communicate with all co-presenters regarding their interest and availability.
- Proposers must submit their own work and may not submit proposals on behalf of their students or others.
- Please note that sessions that are commercial in nature are not eligible for review.*
- All persons whose work is selected are expected to register for and attend the NCKP 2021: The Piano Conference on July 28-31, 2021.
- The selection committee may request an alternative time length or format for selected proposals.
- Sessions may be programmed on the main conference or the preconference.
- All persons who submit proposals will be notified of final program decisions by January 15, 2021.
- Presenting at NCKP is a volunteer activity and NCKP does not offer any compensation or reimbursement for personal expenses of any kind, including travel, hotel, or other expenses incurred in connection with presenting NCKP.
- For many, if not most presenters, the expenses incurred to present at NCKP may be tax-deductible. Appropriate legal advice should be sought before claiming such a deduction.
- NCKP gives equal consideration for proposals without regard to the presenter's race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, military status, veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state or local law.