2019 Call for Teaching Demonstration Videos
The National Conference on Keyboard Pedagogy 2019 is pleased to announce the Call for Teaching Demonstration Videos for NCKP 2019 in Lombard, Illinois on July 24-27, 2019. Submissions are invited from all piano teachers of students of all levels including independent studio, community music school, university professors, and college student teachers. Selected teaching videos will highlight and celebrate excellence in teaching practice and be included in the plenary teaching demonstration at NCKP 2019.
Teaching videos can include and are not limited to:
- Repertoire study: presenting a new piece, a piece in process, preparing for performance.
- Skill development: creative teaching for reading, improvisation, aural skills, collaboration, technique, etc.
- Innovative teaching approaches.
Answers to frequently asked questions:
- Students can be of any age and level.
- Please feel free to submit any teaching pieces. When a teaching video is selected, the Center will work with the teacher to secure any permissions if needed.
- Teachers can submit either sequential teaching over a period of time with a student (total of 10 minutes of video) or one 10-minute teaching segment with a student. The actual accepted teaching video will be included in the plenary.
We encourage teachers to submit their most inspired teaching. There is a review process to determine which selections will work best for the Conference.
- Applicants are only eligible to submit one 10-minute video.
Deadline for Submission: April 30, 2019 at 11:59PM Pacific Time. Results of selected videos will be announced via email on or before May 15, 2019.
Before proceeding to the submission form, please prepare the following:
- An openly accessible link to your video file on Google Drive, Dropbox, or another cloud-storage service.
- A 35-50 word biography.
- A color headshot photo 300dpi resolution or greater.
Conference Registration and Fees
Selected presenters must register for NCKP 2019 and be available for the plenary teaching demonstration sessions. Individuals selected to present may attend the entire conference at a discounted rate.